Sunday, April 3, 2011

Strawberry Waffles

My mom used to make these when I was a kid and I still love them! They're not hard, just take a little time.....but SO worth it. It was a perfect Conference Sunday Breakfast (at noon)
For the strawberries just remove the stems and slice. I like mine pretty thin. Then I just add a glaze. You can find it in the produce section at the store. Some are in bags, some are in little containers and either is fine. I use the bag and 2 cartons of strawberries and it comes out pretty even.
The Cream!! The best part! 1 box cream cheese, softened. 2 cups powdered sugar and cool whip. If I'm making a lot I use a big container of cool whip. If its just us I use the small container. Whip it all together and add a little milk to thin it. (This is good for fruit pizza too)
The waffles. If you're feeling in the mood to take a little extra time, these waffles are so good!

1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup oil
1 1/4 cup milk
2 egg yolks
Sift together flour, salt, baking powder. Mix 1/2 cup oil, milk, 2 egg yolks, then add to the dry ingredients. Then fold in 2 beaten egg whites.

No comments:

Post a Comment